The DIGITECH event is a free open-house technology fair designed to showcase FSU student innovation with technology. DIGITECH takes place in the atrium of the William Johnston Building (WJB) just off Landis Green on FSU’s campus.
- 50 student exhibits selected as finalists for DIGITECH awards
- The best student work from several FSU technology courses
- Digital music performances from FSU’s College of Music
- Digital artwork and environmental effects from FSU’s Department of Art
- Tech demonstrations and workshops
- Information on innovative tech-centric programs and courses at FSU
- Free give-aways and prizes
- The DIGITECH awards ceremony featuring a special guest speaker (TBA)
CALL FOR STUDENT EXHIBITS!
DIGITECH is seeking students to exhibit their digital innovations. Students who have created apps, algorithms digital art or music, visualizations, robots, start-ups, computer games, virtual worlds, or any other applications of computing technology to innovative work or research are encouraged to show their innovations at DIGITECH. All appropriate submitted work will be displayed in the gallery atdigitech.fsu.edu, 50 finalists will win awards and show their work at the DIGITECH event on March 29th, 7 students will win coveted DIGITECH crystal trophies. Apply at digitech.fsu.edu. APPLICATION DEADLINE is March 1, 2013.
CALL FOR DEPARTMENT EXHIBITS!
FSU departments and organization interested in displaying their innovative tech-related degree programs, courses, and research at DIGITECH can request a table using a short form. Deadline March 15, 2013.
CALL FOR STUDENT VOLUNTEERS!
DIGITECH is a grass roots effort that empowers FSU students to innovate and promote innovation. The DIGITECH event requires dozens of student volunteers to promote, design, and manage the event. Students may use DIGITECH volunteer hours as community service hours and claim them on yourServScripts.
Visit digitech.fsu.edu to view exhibits from last year’s DIGITECH and to volunteer to help with DIGITECHDIGITECH will take place Friday, March 29 in the Johnston bldg (WJB)